2020 is the first year where I take on reading challenges/readathons for the first time. I mentioned all the ones I’m participating in last year, and I was hesitant if I’ll be able to truly keep up with them. But I’m trying!
In this post, I’ll go through my updates on every challenge and the goals I have for this month.
GOODREADS READING CHALLENGE
I kept my goal 150 books, same as last year. But I’m already behind on the challenge lol.
Right now, I’m 3 books behind on my challenge with 12/150 books completed. 9 books were read in January. That’s a low number compared to previous years as January is usually the month when I read many books. But this time I didn’t have a full sem break in Jan so the reads went down as well.
My goal this month is to catch up with the challenge. If I don’t catch up by the end of February, I’ll mostly lower my goal. The rest of the year will just be more hectic so if I don’t catch up now, I won’t later.
SOUTH-ASIAN READING CHALLENGE 2020
Started by Fanna, the goal is just to read as many South-Asian books as you can. There are also Books of the Month (BOTM) picked by the hosts every month.
In January, I read one of the BOTMs which was My So Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma. I almost didn’t read it but managed to squeeze it in at the end of the month.
For February, I’m reading 2 South-Asian books. One is Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen which I’m currently listening to as an audiobook. The other is Stories We Never Tell by Savi Sharma which I picked up in the bookstore recently.
In my excitement for this challenge, I made a whole post about what I’d like to read in Janurary. I read three books from that list and stopped following it. I’m a mood reader so I honestly expected it.
Books I read that fit this challenge:
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern
- The Silva Mind Control Method by Jose Silva
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Books I want to read in February:
- The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (currently reading!)
- Stories We Never Tell by Savi Sharma
- Frankly in Love by David Yoon
2020 POPSUGAR READING CHALLENGE
My progress on this challenge is LAUGHABLE. The only reason I got any ticked off was because I read books that fit two challenges.
Prompts I completed:
- Book about a world leader: Becoming by Michelle Obama
- A book set in Japan: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- A book with more than 20 words in the title: My So Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma
- A book with a 3 word-title: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
I’m doing the same in February as January. I’m trying to fit all my reads picked for other challenges into prompts for this challenge.
Prompts I’m aiming for in February:
- A book that’s published in 2020: The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa (already finished!)
- A book set in a country beginning with C: Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen which is set in China.
- A book you picked because the title caught your attention: The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie which was a random buy at the bookstore because of the title.
- A book by a WOC: Stories We Never Tell by Savi Sharma
And that’s it! It feels like a lot haha. Let’s hope I can do it all.
Are you participating in any challenges? What’s your status?